All parents of Hagia Sophia Classical Academy students are members of the Parents’ Association, which exists to promote friendly relationships among parents, to acquaint them with the spirit of Hagia Sophia, to obtain their cooperation with its objectives for the development of their children and to initiate parents’ involvement in, and support for, projects and functions which aid the Academy academically, socially and financially.
The Hagia Sophia Parents’ Association (HSPA) also serves the important function of communicating ideas, concerns and support to the administration and faculty of Hagia Sophia Academy. The HSPA president and officers meet once a month to discuss the Association’s fundraising activities as well as extra-curricular events planned and coordinated by its officers and members. The HSPA is also an important means of communication to the administration of the Academy. The president of the Association stays in consistent contact with the administration and with parents.
The overall mission of the Hagia Sophia Parents’ Association is:
- To facilitate communication between Academy faculty, staff and parents.
- To help parents understand the fundamental premises upon which the Academy functions.
- To schedule, promote and host student and parent activities.
- To welcome new parents into the Association and to instill in the new parents the need for their continued involvement in and support of the Academy.
- To encourage pride in the children and in the Academy.
- To assist the Academy in promoting its reputation in the Indianapolis community.
- To help raise funds for the HSPA Grants
As the money is raised, monetary grants will be available to teachers and Academy staff members for curricular and extra-curricular activities. Each year the HSPA assists in a variety of field trips and social events. Grant request forms are available through the Academy front office.